Saturday 19 May 2018

Saturday, 19th May 2018 Camper trailer build and other stuff.

So this is the end of my third week of retiredment. This week I have really enjoyed, mostly. Attitude from some quarters has been difficult, but for the most, it's been good. I've "played" radio and had time for Stephanie. Breakfast together has been good. I have also done my first day at Coffee on Kareela. Wednesday is The Mothers Club day. That's the day that Stephanie and her friends have lunch together at Kareela. That's also the day I volunteer there. Usually it's fairly quiet. Not his Wednesday. We were busy, very busy, for a good three hours.
It's also been good watching Stephanie progressing with her content writing. Most days she has two jobs with the occasional three articles, just to make life interesting.
Michele has completed her last NAPLAN ever. She is in grade nine now. NAPLAN is completed in grade 3, 5, 7 and 9. Michele and Cathy have found the tests reasonably easy.
There is a section of society who dislike the NAPLAN test. I am not one of them. They give me an idea how my child is doing in an exam situation. In my day we had two full on exams every year. The final exam each year determined which grade and grade level we were placed in next year. There was no hype. One just did the exam and that was that. Now days in this "we must bruise their precious ego" or dent their self esteem age, exams are not seen as a positive. I'm not sure who is more nervous, the teacher or the student.
Now, when one retires it is always good, so they say, for one to have a project to occupy one self with. I have several. One of those is to assemble a camper trailer. So I have started my project. I recently purchase a 6 by 4 trailer and a pop up roof tent. It's meant to go on the roof of a car. I think the roof of a car is way to high to climb. But a trailer is fine. So now I have to "marry" the pop up tent to the trailer. Then there is the storage to work out. All the while sticking to a weight restriction.
Watch this space...............

No comments: