Saturday 6 January 2018

6th January 2018.

It has been a long time. A very long time. Our children are now 14, 10 and 7.
Stephanie has seen big changes in her working live. From teaching piano, to now content writing for various company's. Lots grey hair now. Me too. Is that caused by age or kids or both.
2016 was spent, in the first place, by keeping civil authorities happy due to an incident that occurred mid 2015. And ended with me in hospital with a ruptured lung. I am still recovering from that.
Michele is in grade nine this year. It will be a big year for her as she transitions from junior high to senior. She has done well with her education so far. More importantly, she is changing from a girl to a young woman. I believe she is more mature. Still defiant, but not so much. Why? Her age. Plus years of training and staying the course. Also recognising that she is changing. She is more dependable. And so is given more responsibility.
Cathy is 10' 11 at the end of February. She loves cooking. Also serving others. Our church, St Luke's Anglican also runs a cafe. Cathy would live there if she could. Grade 6 for her this year. Last year at Karingal Primary School for Cathy.
Timothy is 7. All boy. Lots of noise. He can be full of energy. But then he surprises us all. He will tidy up without being asked. He is the one at school who is the cooperative child. The helpful child. At home he can be the same. If I am in the garage pottering around, he will be close by.
For me this year brings big changes. My plan is to retire on the 2nd September. This will be an anniversary date. I started with the West Australian Government Railway on Thursday 1972. That will make it 46 years in the rail industry. Long enough?
So our current Prime Minister doesn't think we are entitled to an age pension. He's right. I earned my age pension. 46 years of paying taxes. I have never drawn unemployment benefit. I have been in taxe schemes to try to dodge paying my fair share of taxes to support our country.
I'll get off my soap box now. For now.

No comments: