Monday 4 May 2015

Sunday 3rd May 2015 - Timothy

Tonight I am at Frankston Hospital with my son Tim. I call him Tim Tam. I have always called him Tim Tam and probably always will. He is 4 now. And he is the reason we are here. Seems he was running around our yard, tripped and fell on his arm. In the process, he broke his wrist. I was at work when this happened. He claims he fell off our roof. I can believe this.
So they X-rayed his arm and it's broke. He is being kept in for the night and I'm here with him. It's going to be a long night.
So, what does one do to pass the time? Blog. I haven't written a post in twelve months almost. Last time was about inerrancy of scripture. That got no response.
Now my friends tell me I'm too simplistic in my views. Am I?  I suppose so.
But isn't that a good thing? Keep It Simple Stupid. Sounds good to me.
Take climate change. It's dead easy. Solar power. Uses no fossil fuel. Or oil.
Want to reduce carbon? Plant trees. Lots of them. See a bare patch of ground? Poke a tree in it. And mill trees. Grow the tree. Then cut it down and use the timber to build furniture.
Asylum seekers? Easy as falling off a log. If they land on a boat (they call them Boat People here) ask them where they came from. Get them to sign a piece of paper about it. Then accept them in on their word. But, if they brake the laws of this land, send them back to the country they stated they came from. How hard is that?
Here is another pet peeve. We are getting people in to harvest our veggies. But we have unemployed people here.  Something wrong with that picture. I say get our unemployed doing that work. And if they don't want to do it, cut off their benefits. Simple. And safe our county a bucket load of taxes at the same time. Then maybe we can afford to pay our age pensioners a living pension instead of the pittance we do.
Ok, I think I have upset enough people now.
But wait, there's more. Faithful is He Who calleth you Who will also do it.
Till next time.

No comments: